What is e-coaching for my career?
E-coaching for your career is coaching via email to get help with any of the career-related areas in which I have expertise. In general, if the topic is related to choosing, changing, or advancing your career, I can probably help.
What are the benefits of e-coaching?
– The frequency of communication tends to promote good progress toward the client’s goals.
– This is the most flexible and convenient way to work with a coach.
– There are never any scheduling conflicts.
– There are no complications with time zone or travel.
– This is the perfect process for people who like to read and write.
– You will have a written record of conversations.
How does e-coaching work?
Our first goal is to co-create a coaching plan that outlines your goals for the work. After that, we will work together in alignment with the co-created coaching plan. We will email each other back and forth as a conversation. I aim to respond to all emails within 48 hours, often sooner, Monday through Friday. If there are circumstances that prevent a full response in this time, I will let you know (barring catastrophic circumstances).
I ask clients to prepay $200 for each hour of e-coaching. When I respond, I will tell you your remaining balance. When your balance of time is gone, I will ask you if you wish to reserve another hour.
Some clients wish to meet me via Zoom before we begin. I am open to this because then we can both visualize each other when we correspond via email. This is optional, though, as not everyone wishes to schedule this.
For what types of challenges is e-coaching a good fit?
– Brainstorming career options.
– Career decision-making.
– Planning and implementing a career change or a job search.
– Getting support through challenging or politically tricky work situations.
– Improving work/life satisfaction and balance/integration.
– Increasing overall career satisfaction and success.
E-coaching is not a substitute for psychotherapy and I do not treat diagnosable mental health challenges via email. If together we decide that you would benefit from psychotherapy, I will assist you to find an appropriate treatment option.
Many clients work simultaneously with a mental health therapist and with me.
How can I know whether I’m a good fit for e-coaching?
– You have a history of learning well through reading.
– You are willing to continue to communicate even when the topic is difficult or there are misunderstandings.
– You are reliable and persistent.
– You are willing to complete actions and make mistakes as part of a learning process.
– You can tolerate uncertainty until success starts to happen.
What is the fee?
$200 per prepaid hour.
If you choose to participate in career assessment, there are additional costs for that, but I can recommend choices that are affordable and effective.
Guidance about resumes, LinkedIn profiles, and cover letters is included in the monthly coaching fee, but if you need extensive writing or editing, I will help you find a professional resume writer.
What can I do to help make e-coaching a success for me?
E-coaching depends on a flow of communication. To maximize its benefit, please do your part to keep the conversation going. If you need time to reflect between emails, that is totally fine, but it would be helpful if you send me a quick response letting me know that you are processing the material.
Don’t worry about the quality of your sentences, grammar, or spelling. This is not a writing test, but a process aimed to benefit you.
What if I decide that e-coaching isn’t for me? Can I stop at any time?
Yes. Each hour purchased is non-refundable, but you can stop at any time. You may either switch to Zoom or telephone-based coaching, ask for a referral to another coach, or conclude coaching completely. You are always in control of the process.
Is there anything else I should know?
Since information is tailored for each client, I ask clients not to publish it anywhere without my permission. If I want to publish anything I’ve written, I will remove any information that could identify you or another client.
How do I get started with e-coaching?
Contact me to explore whether we are a fit to work together.
What if I have more questions that aren’t answered here?
Please email your questions to me.