Interested in Austin careers? There are good reasons to be. Check out Cain Realty’s list of accolades about Austin as a place to live.
Besides a thriving jobs climate, what is special about Austin?
- 300 days of sunshine per year
- Fun, progressive vibe
- Reputation as “Live Music Capital of the World”
- Citizens who care about the environment
- Unique restaurant scene
- Friendly, laid back people
- Highland Lakes in and around Austin
- Being a thriving technology center known as “Silicon Hills”
- Entrepreneurial culture
- Home of the “Keep Austin Weird” campaign
In 2017, the Austin Business Journal named these employers as the best places to work in Austin.
According to the Austin Chamber of Commerce, the largest employers in Austin are (not in order, all have more than 6000 employees):
Primary industries in Austin include semiconductors, software, digital media, wireless technology, biotech, and pharmaceutical.
If you are one of the people exploring Austin careers, here are some employment resources to assist you:
– Austin American-Statesman in partnership with Monster
– Austin CraigsList
– Austin Digital Jobs (must join group via Facebook)
– Austin Jobs by Indeed.com
– Austin Jobs by SimplyHired
– Austin Startups List
– Christine’s List (Central Texas jobs in public affairs, policy, politics, media, communications, PR, and nonprofits) – Fee-based
– Directory of Austin Career Counselors and Coaches
– List of Austin Recruiters and Employment Agencies
– Monster.com for Austin
– Texas Blue Pages (jobs in progressive politics)
– Texas Government Jobs
– Union Jobs in Texas
– Video Game Studios in Austin