Interested in jobs in Austin, TX? A 2013 study by The Business Journals just named Austin the “Best Place for Young Adults.” Forbes also named Austin “America’s Fastest Growing City” and NerdWallet named Austin the “Best City for Job Seekers.”
Photo courtesy of Kristin Bradley via Flickr Creative Commons
What is special about Austin?
- 300 days of sunshine per year
- Fun, progressive vibe
- Reputation as “Live Music Capital of the World”
- Citizens who care about the environment
- Unique restaurant scene
- Friendly, laid back people
- Highland Lakes in and around Austin
- Being a thriving technology center known as “Silicon Hills”
- Entrepreneurial culture
- Being the home of the “Keep Austin Weird” campaign
In 2012, the Austin American Statesman published this list of best workplaces in Austin.
According to the Austin Chamber of Commerce, the largest employers in Austin are (not in order, all have more than 6000 employees):
Primary industries in Austin include semiconductors, software, digital media, wireless technology, biotech, and pharmaceutical.
If you are one of the people exploring jobs in Austin, TX, here are some employment resources to assist you:
For more general information about Austin as a place to live and work, Austin resident Brad Castro maintains an excellent resource to all things Austin at Real-Austin-Texas.com. I look at his site to plan my frequent weekend trips to Austin.