Need career advice? Life is too short to be miserable about what you do for a living, especially because succeeding at a job or business that you dislike is usually much more difficult than succeeding at work that you love!
Here are the top ways visitors use this site to find career advice:
1.If you aren’t sure which career you want to pursue, I wrote a book to help you! Published in 2013, Help Me Find A Career: Strategies To Choose Work You Will Love features career advice from me and from 12 expert contributors.
2. The archives for my “Ask A Career Coach” column contain advice that I have written for readers asking for recommendations about decision-making, career planning or change, job search, and/or business success.
3. These career advice book reviews give my recommendations for favorite books about career and life planning; career advancement; job search; work-from-home jobs and infopreneurship; financial success and salary negotiation; and positive psychology and work happiness.
4. Read these profiles of people who love their work (includes both employees and entrepreneurs) to see if discover a career that you, too, would love.
5. Read this article about strengths assessment to identify ways to figure out what you are good at doing.
6. Use this article to learn some of my favorite career assessments that can help you to find your career.
7. This resume checklist can ensure your resume matches the preferences of a majority of hiring managers.
8. This article will tell you some job interview advice hiring managers can’t tell you because corporate lawyers won’t let them.
9. If you are planning to attend a career fair, read what recruiters wish you knew about career fairs.
11. To explore whether I’ve written about a specific topic, you can either use the Google search box on the bottom right of each page or you can browse the Career Advice A-Z Index.
12. If you are interested in hiring me to help you become happier and/or more effective at work, please visit the section of my website that describes the career coaching services I offer. I work via telephone and/or email with clients across the U.S.